The Bay of Mont Saint-Michel by bike
From Saint-Malo to the Mont Saint-Michel by bike
The corsair city of Saint-Malo
The port of Cancale and oyster tasting at the permanent market
The Mont Saint Michel
A route accessible to all, ideal for beginners
The bike greenways of the Bay of Mont Saint-Michel
Saint Malo and the bay Mont Saint-Michel by bike
Departing from Saint-Malo, cycle to one of the architectural wonders of the world!
Between Brittany and Normandy, this discovery circuit is ideal to get acquainted with bike travelling. Flat and coastal, the route guides you to discover a magnificent, changing coastline bathed in exceptional sites. The corsair city of Saint-Malo, the port of Cancale renowned for its oysters and the legendary rocky promontory of Mont Saint-Michel are the most emblematic of the route.
Your cycling trip begins in Saint-Malo. Take the time to stroll along the ramparts which offer you new views with each walk depending on the tides, the weather and the light of the day. In the winding alleys of its intramural city, Saint-Malo tells the story of its glorious past, linked to privateers, explorers and shipowners.
Whether inland towards Saint-Suliac or on the emerald coast towards Cancale, water is at the forefront and the maritime landscapes are exceptional. They vary as you pedal throughout the day. Stranded on the banks of the Rance estuary, Saint-Suliac is one of the most beautiful villages in Brittany. In Cancale, leave the bikes aside for a stroll on the port. Do not miss the Cancale oyster tasting, the pride of the city.
Throughout your cycling trip, Mont Saint-Michel will be your focal point, your lighthouse in a way. Visible intermittently, you can get closer to it safely on the greenways of the Bay of Mont Saint-Michel by bike. The adventure ends at the foot of the Mont Saint-Michel abbey. The visit to Mont Saint-Michel is an unforgettable memory!
FROM SAINT-MALO, SAINT SULIAC LOOP 36km 265m
Today this first itinerary brings you to discover one of the most beautiful villages in France: Saint-Suliac. Initially in the Malouine countryside, you enjoy the banks of the Rance, a beautiful river that pushes its strength of the tides. The water offers a wonderful spectacle when the setting sun is reflected and return its light on its banks and the stones of the village of Saint-Suliac
Before your first ride, we invite you to meet one of our guides, at your place of departure. A time of exchange, a privileged moment to give you our last practical tips, must-see places and experiences, to answer all your questions, take care of your bike fitting to begin your trip.
From SAINT-MALO to CANCALE 27km 220m
You leave the Corsair city in the morning to reach the port of Cancale. Enjoy a 26 km bike ride through countryside and seaside. Along the way some Malouinières enrich the landscape. They are beautiful 17th and 18th century houses of ship owners in Saint Malo. In the evening, park your bike on the waterfront and taste some famous oysters.
From CANCALE to MONT SAINT-MICHEL 48km 90m
You head toward one of the architectural wonders of the world, riding on a mix of country roads and more important routes along the sea. After Cancale the route is flat. You can easily ride 50km without during the day. Halfway through you reach the Mont-Dol, a strange rock in the middle of the marsh land, which is an ideal spot for lunch. After the break, you still have a few kilometers to go through the salted marshland. You are at the foot of the Mont Saint-Michel. One last effort, on foot this time, to reach the top and its famous abbey.
FROM LE MONT SAINT-MICHEL, NORMANDY LOOP 35km 70m
Today, take height to appreciate the grandeur of the Bay of Mont Saint-Michel. On the small Norman roads, the path takes you to Roche Torin. You have then descended to the sea level. A peculiar atmosphere emerges from this place, mystical at times, with an advantaged view of the Mont Saint-Michel.
You want to enjoy your itinerary without anything fancy. Our ”essential” range offers a simple accommodation for a good night’s rest in a simple hotel, guesthouse, rest house or hostel.
Starting from 385€/participant in Self Guided option | See detailed prices
Our quality standard at Abicyclette. This type of accommodation includes 2 and 3 stars hotels. Depending on the itinerary, you might spend some nights in approved guesthouses. You enjoy a double bedroom with private bathroom and toilet and adapted welcome for you and your bikes.
Starting from 505€/participant in Self Guided option | See detailed prices
Opt for total comfort in charming 3 and 4 star hotels which offer all the services you need and a special welcome for you and your bikes.
Starting from 645€/participant in Self Guided option | See detailed prices
- Accommodation: 3 nights in a double room
- 3 breakfasts
- Luggage transfer
- Phone assistance
- Application fee
- Day 1 : Meeting with our guide in Brittany
- A personalized greeting with our team at the beginning of the trip to receive your travel documents
- The itinerary trackable on the following supports:
- Loan of a Bicycle GPS uploaded with full itinerary of the trip
- Topo maps
- Cycling practical guide including restaurant recommendations for lunch & dinner
Price does not include
- Breakfast on day 1
- Dinners not included in "Price includes"
- Drinks, visits & other personal expenses
- Repairs, spareparts and mileage allowance
Homemade and fully tested itineraries
- Routes selected for their cycling and touristic interest entirely tested and away from traffic
- Accomodations selected for their hospitality, atmosphere, services and quality meals
- A flexible organisation to suit you needs and wishes: You choose the date you want to you leave on! We check the availability of each accomodation to make sure it is possible.
- One of our guides greets you on your first day. He will hand out all the needed documents for the trip (hotel vouchers, maps of the area,GPS, practical guide), get you settled on your bikes (for rental bikes).
- Phone assistance, you can reach the Abicyclette team whenever you need
- A Luggage transfer service which respects your hours of rest (we pick them up after 10:00 and deliver them before 16:00)
Follow your itinerary anyway you like – modern, practical, traditional
- We loan you a GPS so that you can easily follow your itinerary without having to look for your way around (bike support included)
- A practical cycling guide with all the useful information (addresses, highlights for the day, topo maps, and touristic information)
You can also
- Rent a high end quality bike for real comfort, cycling pleasure and reliability a long trip requires.
- Suscribe to a Cancelation or Multi Risk insurance policy which cover you in case something unexpected comes up.
On our guided tours (for groups on demand), we accompany you every step of the way
- One of our state qualified instructor and professional cycling guide accompanies you every step of the way
- Full board (all meals covered unless asked otherwise)
- A picnic buffet set up for lunch with a wide choice of fresh and local produce
We offer a high-end bike rental service. Our bikes are suited for road and gravel road long-distance cycling. Fully equipped and highly reliable, they are faithful travel companions.
A layed out and dynamic position
Supplied equipment per bike
A straight and easy going position
Supplied equipment per bike
20″ or 24″ bike
With an autonomy of almost 120km, cycling has never been so easy!
Supplied equipment per bike
Rennes, Brittany’s capital, Ille & Vilaine (35)
Getting to Rennes by car
From Paris by the A11 & A81 highways (360km 3h30)
Getting to Rennes by train*
Arrival: TGV train station in Rennes (from Paris: 2h00)
Return : Train station in Pontorson
Rennes by plane*
Airport in Rennes
* Transport to your meeting point can be included as an option.
- Trekking or hybrid bike
- 21 to 30 speeds
- 26 or 28 inch (700) wheels
Clothing and equipment
- Helmet (included with the rental)
- Clothing suitable for cycling
- Warm jacket (eg fleece)
- Rain proof jacket
- 1 pair of sunglasses
- 1 pair of cycling shoes
- 1 small backpack or panniers
- 1 or 2 water flasks (included with the rental)
- 1 lock (included with the rental)
- Our reccomendation for optimal comfort:
- 1 pair of gloves
- 1 special pair of pants (shammy leather)
- 1 night see fluorescent vest
- Emergency repair kit: 2 or 3 tubes, patches, pump, tire levers, multi-tools
- Daily use kit: cloth, brake pads, oil
- Suitcase (for transporting personal effects in luggage transfers)
- Change of clothes for the evening
- Warm jacket for the evenings
- Set of toiletries
- Mobile phone and charger