Cycling tours in Alsace
Alsace, a land of traditions with generous gastronomy and villages full of charm
Alsace wine cycle route from Colmar to Strasbourg - 5 days
Leisure , Fit
Starting from 665€
Alsace biking : vineyards, greenways and Germany
Leisure , Fit
Starting from 1075€
Alsace Deluxe cycling
Starting from 1940€
Discover Alsace by bike
Thanks to the variety of its landscapes and its relief, Alsace is a destination that can accommodate cyclists of all levels. From the banks of the Rhine accessible to families to the slopes of the Vosges mountains for the most athletic through the hilly vineyards, Alsace invites you to discover all its charms.
The region and its inhabitants
Alsace is a land of traditions and the many events and local festivals that punctuate the year are there to confirm it.
The local language, Alsatian, is still widely used and preserved from generation to generation. At traditional festivals, it is not uncommon for costumes to accompany traditional dances and music.
We could not talk about Alsace without also talking about its gastronomy whose spearheads are beer and sauerkraut. The Alsatian restaurants, the Winstubs, will also allow you to taste hearty tarte flambé or Baeckeoffe, traditional dish with vegetables, potatoes, and meats cooked for a long time.
Its famous vineyards are also part of the Alsacian terroir: sylvaner, riesling or gewurztraminer, so many names and flavors that will brighten your taste buds.
Alsatian architecture will also make you travel with its half-timbered houses typical of the region. The picturesque atmosphere of the villages is increased tenfold at the end of the year at Christmas markets that attract the curious.
Roads and bike lanes in Alsace
Alsace is crossed by 3 EuroVelo roads that make it a must for many cyclists traveling across Europe. Nearly 2,500 km of cycle routes and greenways are available to cyclists of all levels along major routes or on thematic circuits specific to the region.
The tracks along the Rhine offer flat courses accessible to all while the small hilly roads of the Alsatian vineyard will delight the most athletic.
The Alsatian weather
The weather in Alsace is marked by very cold winters and a very important annual amplitude, the summers may reach temperatures exceeding 30 ° C. The most pleasant weather in Alsace is from April to October with May and July a little rainier.
The 8 must-see sites in Alsace
Lovers of heritage, nature or culture will be delighted during their bike trip stay with these must-see sites in Alsace:
- Strasbourg and its typical neighborhoods crossed by canals, its Cathedral masterpiece of the Renaissance, Place Kléber and its facades with multiple influences and the European Parliament
- Colmar, city of culture and history with many museums and historic monuments, its typical neighborhoods including the “Little Venice” and its houses overlooking the Lauch to discover during a boat trip
- The Alsace Wine Route will lead wine and food lovers through Piedmont wine and its many medieval castles that overlook the plain of Alsace
- The Saint-Louis-Arzviller inclined plane, surprising boat lift and river site among the most visited in France
- Kaysersberg, a city with a typically Alsatian charm, with its flowery streets and half-timbered houses
- Mulhouse whose museums will delight science and technology enthusiasts
- The regional natural park of the Vosges, its castles and its natural spaces suitable for hiking
- Mont Sainte-Odile, a major pilgrimage site, overlooked by an abbey, and its “pagan wall”, remains of an ancient archeological enigma wall