Rhone Cycle Route Viarhona on Eurovelo17
ViaRhôna, from Geneva to Lyon by bike
Leisure , Fit
Starting from 1045€
Key figures of the ViaRhôna
- 815 km
- 56% on bicycle lanes
- 44% on small roads with low traffic
- 10 departments crossed: Haute-Savoie, Savoie, Ain, Isère, Rhône, Loire, Ardèche, Drôme, Vaucluse and Bouches-du-Rhône.
From the mountain to the sea, the purpose of the ViaRhôna is clear. Along the Rhône, the circuit begins at Lake Geneva and leads straight towards the Mediterranean Sea for more than 800km.
Throughout this route, the Rhône river guides you. The main axis between Northern Europe and the Mediterranean, it was for 2000 years the vector of numerous commercial, cultural and religious exchanges. From the alpine landscapes to the plains of the Camargue, through the famous vineyards of the Rhône valley and its gastronomy, not to mention the lavender fields and the olive groves of Provence, your trip is punctuated by sensory discoveries. Do not hesitate, come and discover our cycling trips along the Rhône.
Cities to visit on the ViaRhôna route
Places to discover along the ViaRhôna
- Lake Geneva, one of the largest lakes in Europe
- Château Saint-Michel d’Avully in Brenthonne
- Sainte Marie abbey in Cruas
- The hills of the Rhône valley
- The Notre-Dame collegiate church and its cloister in Villeneuve-lès-Avignon
- The Palace of the Popes in Avignon
- The arenas of Arles
- The plains and ponds of Camargue
- The beaches of the Mediterranean Sea