The Loire valley Castles by bike
Discover the country of chateaux by bike
A castle to castle itinerary
Chambord, Cheverny, Chaumont, Blois, Beauregard ...
Flat courses accessible to all
You stay at the same hotel in Blois
The jewels of the Renaissance
From 3 to 5 days in Blois to discover the richness and architectural prowess that make the reputation of the valley.
The country of chateaux by bike is a wonderful network of cycle paths and shared lanes to allow you to ride a bike in the middle of these castles safely.
Have you ever dreamed of living in the time of the kings and queens of the Renaissance? Immerse yourself in a weekend in the heart of the 17th century! Take a seat in the middle of the king’s court, set up in the Blois Castle and in his hunting lodge: Chambord!
This visit from castle to castle will not leave you indifferent. Yes, wonderful grandeur and elegance, these monuments cultivate between their towers white facades so well proportioned that we do not see that they are huge. At dusk when they wrap themselves in a veil of purple and gold, igniting their stained glass windows, the show is fantastic. Each castle will make you discover its wonder!
No doubt, you are well in the Valley of the Kings, hunting country, that of the immense forests, forest of Marchenoir, Boulogne, Russy, Blois. Forests of oaks, hornbeams, chestnuts, which meet and in the middle of which the Loire makes its way through; the same river that you will follow during these few days in the land of kings of yesteryear and dreams of today.
FROM BLOIS, LOIRE LOOP 39km 70m
A smooth loop, along the longest river in France. You ride along its banks and enjoy heritage of the Loire. First architectural, that you enjoy thanks to small villages such as Cour-sur-Loire; then natural which is expressed mainly by the many birds that are indivisible from the majestic river. Back on Blois, lose yourself in its narrow streets. Discover its castle, its churches, its houses, its gardens, organized like an amphitheater on a rock. A bourgeois city with a staircase of streets where at the top near the cathedral you will appreciate the panorama of the surrounding countryside and forests.
FROM BLOIS, CHEVERNY LOOP 30km 118m
Attack on the castles! You leave the region of Blois to go south through the forest of Russy. At the heart of it you are surprised by the sudden appearance of the Beauregard Castle!
- For a few more km 46km 190m
After a visit or a just a souvenir photo at Beauregard Chateau, you take your bike again to ride to another imposing and royal residence: the Cheverny Castle that inspired Hergé and which will remind fans of the famous Tintin comic, the castle of Moulinsart.
FROM BLOIS, CHAMBORD LOOP 48km 160m
A bike loop to Chambord Castle and its forest park. You will leave Blois to ride on royal paths. They will lead you straight to the four towers of this impressive castle, built as a hunting lodge for Francis I. From the Renaissance to the Empire, let yourself be surprised by the historical richness of the place! Return to Blois.
FROM BLOIS, CHAUMONT SUR LOIRE LOOP 43km 105m
This stage will take you to the West, at the end of Blaisois country, at the borders of Touraine. On the banks of the Loire, which it overlooks with its two big towers set on the rock, the Chaumont Castle offers a bucolic outing. Built at the end of the 15th century, it bears the colors of the early Renaissance tinted with the shadow of the Middle Ages with its moats, drawbridge and crenellations. The Château of Chaumont sur Loire is best known for its incredible garden festival. About fifty gardens are created each year according to the chosen theme. The return to Blois is done by the calm and relaxing edges of the Loire.
You want to enjoy your itinerary without anything fancy. Our ”essential” range offers a simple accommodation for a good night’s rest in a simple hotel, guesthouse, rest house or hostel.
Starting from 195€/participant in Self Guided option | See detailed prices
Our quality standard at Abicyclette. This type of accommodation includes 2 and 3 stars hotels. Depending on the itinerary, you might spend some nights in approved guesthouses. You enjoy a double bedroom with private bathroom and toilet and adapted welcome for you and your bikes.
Starting from 235€/participant in Self Guided option | See detailed prices
Opt for total comfort in charming 3 and 4 star hotels which offer all the services you need and a special welcome for you and your bikes.
Quote on request | Contact us
Bed & Breakfast Range
Another way to travel, meeting the people of the lands you cycle through. They welcome you in their home and offer board and lodging*. It gives you the opportunity to chat and deepen your knowledge of the region. We have selected them for their charm and privacy.
*breakfast included, diners available according to establishments
Starting from 385€/participant in Self Guided option | See detailed prices
- Accommodation: 3 nights in a double room
- 3 breakfasts
- Phone assistance
- Application fee
- Day 1 : Orientation by phone [week-end]
- The itinerary trackable on the following supports:
- Loan of a Bicycle GPS uploaded with full itinerary of the trip
- Topo maps
- Cycling practical guide including restaurant recommendations for lunch & dinner
Price does not include
- Breakfast on day 1
- Dinners not included in "Price includes"
- Drinks, visits & other personal expenses
- Repairs, spareparts and mileage allowance
Homemade and fully tested itineraries
- Routes selected for their cycling and touristic interest entirely tested and away from traffic
- Accomodations selected for their hospitality, atmosphere, services and quality meals
- A flexible organisation to suit you needs and wishes: You choose the date you want to you leave on! We check the availability of each accomodation to make sure it is possible.
- One of our guides greets you on your first day. He will hand out all the needed documents for the trip (hotel vouchers, maps of the area,GPS, practical guide), get you settled on your bikes (for rental bikes).
- Phone assistance, you can reach the Abicyclette team whenever you need
- A Luggage transfer service which respects your hours of rest (we pick them up after 10:00 and deliver them before 16:00)
Follow your itinerary anyway you like – modern, practical, traditional
- We loan you a GPS so that you can easily follow your itinerary without having to look for your way around (bike support included)
- A practical cycling guide with all the useful information (addresses, highlights for the day, topo maps, and touristic information)
You can also
- Rent a high end quality bike for real comfort, cycling pleasure and reliability a long trip requires.
- Suscribe to a Cancelation or Multi Risk insurance policy which cover you in case something unexpected comes up.
On our guided tours (for groups on demand), we accompany you every step of the way
- One of our state qualified instructor and professional cycling guide accompanies you every step of the way
- Full board (all meals covered unless asked otherwise)
- A picnic buffet set up for lunch with a wide choice of fresh and local produce
We offer a high-end bike rental service. Our bikes are suited for road and gravel road long-distance cycling. Fully equipped and highly reliable, they are faithful travel companions.
A straight and easy going position
Supplied equipment per bike
A layed out and dynamic position
Supplied equipment per bike
With an autonomy of almost 120km, cycling has never been so easy!
Supplied equipment per bike
20″ or 24″ bike
Blois, Loir-et-Cher (41)
Blois by car*
From Paris on A10 (185km 2H10)
From Lyon on A10 (510km 5H)
Blois by train*
Blois train station (from Paris : 1H45)
* Transportation to your starting point can be included as an option.
- Trekking or hybrid bike
- 21 to 30 speeds
- 26 or 28 inch (700) wheels
Clothing and equipment
- Helmet (included with the rental)
- Clothing suitable for cycling
- Warm jacket (eg fleece)
- Rain proof jacket
- 1 pair of sunglasses
- 1 pair of cycling shoes
- 1 small backpack or panniers
- 1 or 2 water flasks (included with the rental)
- 1 lock (included with the rental)
- Our reccomendation for optimal comfort:
- 1 pair of gloves
- 1 special pair of pants (shammy leather)
- 1 night see fluorescent vest
- Emergency repair kit: 2 or 3 tubes, patches, pump, tire levers, multi-tools
- Daily use kit: cloth, brake pads, oil
- Suitcase (for transporting personal effects in luggage transfers)
- Change of clothes for the evening
- Warm jacket for the evenings
- Set of toiletries
- Mobile phone and charger