The islands of the Gulf of Morbihan by bike
The Gulf of Morbihan by bike
Cycling on the islands that make up the charm of the Gulf of Morbihan.
Departing from Vannes, it’s an invitation to paradise that we offer you. There’s no other name for these two islands that make up the heart of this small inland sea.
Thanks to the “passeurs”, boats that provide the connections in the gulf, you will join:
– Île-d’Arz: rich in vegetation, the island will invite you to enjoy the sweetness of life. It is animated by its visitors who come to rediscover it every year but also by young farmers who are reconquering the island with organic crops. Several megalithic monuments testify to the human presence on this place thousands of years ago.
– The peninsula of Séné: it’s a narrow land bridge, surrounded by the sea of the Gulf where you can admire many species of birds that nest here. Let yourself be surprised by the flight of an Little egret, or a Grey heron, a wonder in this preserved nature.
– The peninsula of Rhuys which offers a little more activity and a beautiful marina.
– Île-aux-Moines, a haven of peace that you can walk or cycle.
Always in the middle of the water, a refreshing stay, to be shared in couple or family!
Discover Brittany by bike.
Arrival on your own and check in to your hotel. Orientation with our guide today. Take time to explore Vannes and the banks of the Loire river.
From VANNES to ILE D’ARZ 13km 45m
You ride about 3 km to reach the pier of the island of Arz from Vannes downtown. You leave the beautiful city of Vannes by boat to reach the island of Arz.
On the island, you need about 10km to go around all the points accessible by bike that counts the island. We leave you here free to stroll at your leisure, without a precise route. Let yourself go and surprise at the turn of these paths and small roads that offers you thousands of wonders and different colors on the waters of the Gulf.
Before your first ride, we invite you to meet one of our guides, at your place of departure. A time of exchange, a privileged moment to give you our last practical tips, must-see places and experiences, to answer all your questions, take care of your bike fitting to begin your trip.
From ILE d'ARZ to ARZON via le petit passeur 35km 125m
A first boat drops you on the peninsula of Sene. You’ll cycle a few kilometers along the gulf surrounded by a cacophony of birds singing. A sea shuttle then connects you to the Rhuys Peninsula. You ride along the southern shores of the small inlet to reach Arzon. Between the two, the castle of Suscinio and the small village of Sarzeau liven up this pretty journey and are well worth a visit. The route consists of small roads and greenways.
- For a few more km 45km 200m
Option including the Suscinio chateau.
From ARZON to VANNES 30km 180m
A little boat take you to île aux Moines. A nice discovery of the narrow roads without any cars of this little paradise.
End of the stay at the end of the morning.
You want to enjoy your itinerary without anything fancy. Our ”essential” range offers a simple accommodation for a good night’s rest in a simple hotel, guesthouse, rest house or hostel.
Starting from 570€/participant in Self Guided option | See detailed prices
Our quality standard at Abicyclette. This type of accommodation includes 2 and 3 stars hotels. Depending on the itinerary, you might spend some nights in approved guesthouses. You enjoy a double bedroom with private bathroom and toilet and adapted welcome for you and your bikes.
Starting from 590€/participant in Self Guided option | See detailed prices
Opt for total comfort in charming 3 and 4 star hotels which offer all the services you need and a special welcome for you and your bikes.
Starting from 705€/participant in Self Guided option | See detailed prices
Homemade and fully tested itineraries
- Routes selected for their cycling and touristic interest entirely tested and away from traffic
- Accomodations selected for their hospitality, atmosphere, services and quality meals
- A flexible organisation to suit you needs and wishes: You choose the date you want to you leave on! We check the availability of each accomodation to make sure it is possible.
- One of our guides greets you on your first day. He will hand out all the needed documents for the trip (hotel vouchers, maps of the area,GPS, practical guide), get you settled on your bikes (for rental bikes).
- Phone assistance, you can reach the Abicyclette team whenever you need
- A Luggage transfer service which respects your hours of rest (we pick them up after 10:00 and deliver them before 16:00)
Follow your itinerary anyway you like – modern, practical, traditional
- We loan you a GPS so that you can easily follow your itinerary without having to look for your way around (bike support included)
- A practical cycling guide with all the useful information (addresses, highlights for the day, topo maps, and touristic information)
You can also
- Rent a high end quality bike for real comfort, cycling pleasure and reliability a long trip requires.
- Suscribe to a Cancelation or Multi Risk insurance policy which cover you in case something unexpected comes up.
On our guided tours (for groups on demand), we accompany you every step of the way
- One of our state qualified instructor and professional cycling guide accompanies you every step of the way
- Full board (all meals covered unless asked otherwise)
- A picnic buffet set up for lunch with a wide choice of fresh and local produce
We offer a high-end bike rental service. Our bikes are suited for road and gravel road long-distance cycling. Fully equipped and highly reliable, they are faithful travel companions.
A layed out and dynamic position
Supplied equipment per bike
A straight and easy going position
Supplied equipment per bike
With an autonomy of almost 120km, cycling has never been so easy!
Supplied equipment per bike
20″ or 24″ bike
Vannes, Golfe du Morbihan (56)
Coming to Vannes by car
From Rennes by the N24 and N166 (120 km 1H20)
From Paris by the A11 and then the A81 (470 km 4H30)
Coming to Vannes by train
Train station in Vannes (from Paris : 3H20)
Coming to Vannes by plane
Airport in Lorient
Airport in Nantes or Rennes
* Transportation to your starting point can be included as an option.
- Trekking or hybrid bike
- 21 to 30 speeds
- 26 or 28 inch (700) wheels
Clothing and equipment
- Helmet (included with the rental)
- Clothing suitable for cycling
- Warm jacket (eg fleece)
- Rain proof jacket
- 1 pair of sunglasses
- 1 pair of cycling shoes
- 1 small backpack or panniers
- 1 or 2 water flasks (included with the rental)
- 1 lock (included with the rental)
- Our reccomendation for optimal comfort:
- 1 pair of gloves
- 1 special pair of pants (shammy leather)
- 1 night see fluorescent vest
- Emergency repair kit: 2 or 3 tubes, patches, pump, tire levers, multi-tools
- Daily use kit: cloth, brake pads, oil
- Suitcase (for transporting personal effects in luggage transfers)
- Change of clothes for the evening
- Warm jacket for the evenings
- Set of toiletries
- Mobile phone and charger